Friday, August 3, 2012

Foreward to My Homage to the old old ones


My greetings to all readers. May you all live long and have happy, fruitful and good lives.

In my capacity as a self-appointed homage-payer of great lives lived in the Ramakrishna Movement, I am right now in the happy circumstances of not being able to pay my homage to any departing great soul because no one is in a hurry to do it these last few months. While thanking the Almighty for Her grace I pray she also does something to soothe them during their suffering while here on earth.

When I get to meet God face-to-face, I intend to ask Him why it has to be like this: that many great ones suffer pains; well, when it comes to that, I intend to ask Her why even lesser ones should suffer. But it is a fact that many of the great sufferers, they were great and their sufferings too were great, …well, …these great ones, had no complaint when they suffered, they continued to love God in and through suffering, thus saying between the lines that loving God is the answer to God giving us suffering. Along with it I am supposed to see to it that I don't do things to invite sufferings.  

Well, I suppose the relationship between God and Humans is quiet complicated.

Coming back to my homage-paying affair, there are lots of good people, some known and some not as well known as they ought to have been and some completely unknown, all of them so obligingly dead, for me to pay my homage.  

I begin with my homage to Swami Parananda of Ramakrishna Mission a.k.a. Padmanabhan Tampi.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announced to the Public in October 1941

17th August 1941 : Swami Parananda (No. 2) (Padmanabhan)

We are sorry to record the death of Swami Parananda 

(No. 2) of the Trivandrum Ashrama on the 

17th August 1941 at the age of 74.

From