Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Swami Purnasevananda & Swami Abhishtananda (Prabir Maharaj)






My good friend, Swami Purnasevananda died a couple of days back. Before he became my friend, he was a great friend of our Coimbatore Mission, Chennai Math and Salem centres. He did a lot of Bhavaprachar in tandem with us. He founded the reputed Tiruppur Annu Illam institutions. He was a great hit wherever he went and spoke. Many students were positively benefited by him. He bravely faced what the fates had in store for him during his last few months. He spoke cheerfully with me barely a week back.
Surely he can't be so dead. As I expect to wakeup tomorrow into an stimulating and fruitful day with a refreshed though the same old body, he perhaps hoped to get up with a new body. Well, that is their business, he and his Maker but all I have is but a few photos, videos and lots of memories.
I just hazily recollect Sw Abhnatmananda, Prabir Maharaj. He looks kindly. He served the Sangha well. He suffered a lightning strike, came out of it and went on bravely with the daily chores as much as he had the strength.
He died in his room in the holy Kamarpukur Math. Gadai and Sarada have gathered  him up into their folds as his tired self just gave up.
Hari Om Ramakrishna !
But Gadadhar, give us all the strength to see through to the correct end. Sarada, give us the right knowledge. Life, however and whatever it unveils is to be seen through. Hail Nikasha Devi, we will run away when troubles tempt us with a seemingly easy closure. Jumping into a wayside well or hanging oneself are tough acts but tougher it is to live out and we should opt for that. Let's discuss our troubles with the Divine and with the divines within human friends. Let's learn to give up persistent comforting familiarities if need be. Let's have comfort zones everywhere, in our homes and in the  wilderness.
Come on, by Mother's Grace, I say look at me, I should have died at least a dozen deaths but here I am, punching with abandon into my android keys.
I am now at Home in Koilandy and expect to be at Home soon in Ottapalam, Coimbatore, Ooty, Mysore, Belgaum, Goa, Hyderabad, Kadapa, Chennai, Delhi, Vrindavan, Isvarpur by Narmada and then at dear Nettayam by about 10 April.
I wish Corona would go back to its acclamatized Bat hosts and soon leave us poor humans. I am religiously refraining from frequently touching my face and using more soap and washing my hands oftener, cupping my mouth with cloth when I am into my reluctant coughs.
Bye now, have to tuck in now in order to wake up tomorrow into a life to live well so that death can be confronted squarely when it comes with its own sweet will and timing.
Hari Om Ramakrishna.
Jai Ramakrishna Sangha !